Jamie, our resident metal head is ready to thrash for Banger Brews, presented by Banger TV this Wednesday February 22nd from 6PM-9PM. So pumped, that he’s head-banging to a playlist of some of his favourite metal songs while on the bottling line today.
Join us on the third Wednesday of every month for a playlist curated by Banger TV. Drink Beer. Listen to Metal.
Jamie’s Metal Head Playlist
Reinheitsgebot is the German beer purity law created in 1516, that essentially deemed brewers to use 4 ingredients (malted barley, hops, water and yeast)
I love beer just as much as I love metal!
To me some of the best metal bands have 4 players. Like beer, each player / ingredient unique and essential.
Here’s a list of 7 killer 4 piece bands covering their influencers which are also 4 piece bands!
- Pantera – Planet Caravan (Black Sabbath) metal titans covering a slow jam by the founders… take a swig.
- Death – painkiller (Judas Priest) like the Metal God, Chuck wails like a banshee on this classic. I know! Priest is a five piece. Well, every once in awhile a good beer has a little extra in it.
- Metallica – Die Die my Darling (Misfits) say what you want about Metallica. They are the biggest metal band in the world. Garage days was a fun album, as they paid tribute to all they’re inspirations. I love the misfits. You should love the misfits. Let’s raise a glass and hope that Glenn and the boys make a big comeback.
- Megadeth – Anarchy in the U.K. (Sex Pistols) my dad would play this record for me as a kid. Then for Christmas one year I got Countdown to extinction as a present. Fast forward years later he took me to my first Megadeth concert and bought me my first beer. Cheers dad!
- Napalm Death – Nazi Punks Fuck Off! (Dead Kennedy’s) So, clearly I’ve shown my love for punk. And of course, it’s and influencer for all bands. It reminds of starting out drinking beer. And drinking a particular beer with a blue sailboat, then moving onto a Canadian green bottle with an antlered forest cow on it. After turning loyal to the moose juice, I would get teased by friends for drinking piss water. I’d tell them to fuck off! I liked it because no one else drank it and I felt I was supporting the small guys. Really, it influenced me and opened up the world of craft beer.
- Vader – Silent Scream (SSSLLAAAYYYEEEEEERRRR) a couple of heavyweights on this one. Reminds me of the first time seeing Slayer, being in the pit was like the first time having an Imperial IPA. Rowdy! But sooo much fun!!
- Pig Destroyer – In The Meantime (Helmet) both versions are killer! It’s like drinking the same kind of beer from two different breweries. Both different, but identify uniquely in their own ways.
Here’s a playlist for you… Banger Night Pre-Game Vol. 2 by jamie_morris-ca
About Banger Brews
Drink beer and listen to Heavy Metal!
Join us for Banger Brews — a metal pub night presented the 4th Wednesday of every month by Banger TV and hosted at Henderson Brewing Company in the Junction.
From 6PM-9PM, Banger TV will be serving up metal tunes both classic and new. Toronto bangers, and craft brew fans, come hang with us! m/m/
New this month:
PRIZES! Sweet goods from Banger and Henderson.
MOVIES! Metal on the big screen