Full Time Brewer
HENDERSON BREWING COMPANY LTD – Toronto, ON.
This is an amazing opportunity! If you want to become more than just a brewer and part of a great, fast growing brewery – this could be the right job for you.
Henderson Brewing Co. is an award winning brewery located in the heart of Toronto. We combine great beer making with great stories about Toronto and our community. We believe in making innovative approachable beers that reflect the stories and culture of our great city.
You will be reporting to our VP- Ops, who is an accomplished 20+ year Master Brewer .
Who You Are:
A self starter. A team player. Someone who wants to be part of something special and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
An opportunity to join our excellent Henderson Brewery family as a Full-Time brewer.
You will have your chance to really leave your mark in the Toronto beer scene. While you will be brewing our year-round beers (Best, Food Truck and Union Pearson Ale), as well as opportunity to help in the development of new and innovative approachable beers as part of our Ides series. You will also be involved in the supply-chain planning, quality control, and maintenance of all brewery equipment. This is the ultimate hands-on job.
You will be brewing on our new state of the art 20HL commercial brewing system on a regular basis.
Perform all aspects of the brewery operations to our high quality standards and as directed by our VP-Ops.
These include (but not limited to):
– Raw ingredient handling, Brewhouse and wort production, Fermentation and Aging operation, Yeast management, Filtration, Cellaring tasks (CIP, tank transfers, sampling for daily checks/QC), Packaging tasks (Bottling, kegging and canning), Other tasks required by operations mangement
– A life-long learner and strong desire to continually expand ones knowledge in all aspects of beer making and packaging.
– 1 or more years’ work experience in a brewery/brewpub environment preferred
– Formal brewing education an asset
– Capability of physically lifting 25kg bags and driving a forklift
– Multi-tasking and ability to following instructions set forth by brewery management team
– Absolute dedication to quality and consistency
– Hardworking and dedication to the beer
– Time management, problem solving, attention to detail, organization
– Strong communication is a must
– Ability to perform minor maintenance on equipment and assist maintenance department with major repairs
– Adherence to all human resources and health and safety policies
– Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. Capable and willing to work shifts that may include days, afternoons, nights and/or weekends)
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your resume to the email below with the subject of BREWER. Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Thank you for your interest and taking the time to review this posting.